Regulatory Agency: New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP)
Contaminants: Volatile Organic Compounds
Treatment: In-Situ Chemical Oxidation
Scope: Investigate & RemediateProject Summary
- ESI reviewed historical UST closure documentation to determine compliance status and plan the remedial investigation.
- Remedial investigation confirmed contaminants in groundwater in a very limited area requiring remediation.
- A customized Interim Remedial Measure (IRM) was chosen as the least disruptive approach during high profile property transaction period.
- A Remedial Action Workplan was submitted and approved by the NJDEP for In-Situ Chemical Oxidation as the remedial action (ISCO).
- The Remedial Action is currently in process.
During construction of a New Research and Development Building, a 1,000-gallon Underground Storage Tank (UST) was discovered. There was no record of the tank at the time of discovery.